1.1 MRB Roofing takes the security and privacy of our customers data seriously.
We intend to comply with our legal obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018 (the ‘2018 Act’) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) in respect of data privacy and security. We have a duty to notify you of the information contained in this policy.
Personal data is help for all customers with full membership.
Personal data is destroyed once a customer is no longer holds full membership with MRB Roofing.
1.2 This policy applies to all customers. As customers of MRB Roofing, you are a ‘data subject’ for the purposes of this policy. We will update this policy from time to time.
1.3 MRB Roofing is a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of your data. This means that we determine the purpose and means of the processing of your data.
1.4 This policy explains how MRB Roofing will hold and process your information. It explains your rights as a data subject.
Data Protection Principles
2.1 Personal data must be processed in accordance with six ‘ Data Protection Principles .’ It must:
- be processed fairly, lawfully and transparently;
- be collected and processed only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes;
- be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed;
- be accurate and kept up to date. Any inaccurate data must be deleted or rectified without delay;
- not be kept for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed; and
- be processed securely.
2.2 We are accountable for these principles and must be able to show that we are compliant.
How we define personal data
3.1 ‘ Personal data ’ means information which relates to a living person who can be identified from that data (a ‘ data subject ’) on its own, or when taken together with other information which is likely to come into our possession. It includes any expression of opinion about the person and an indication of the intentions of us or others, in respect of that person. It does not include anonymised data.
3.2 This policy applies to all personal data whether it is stored electronically, on paper or on other materials.
3.3 Your personal data will have been provided by you either by making an online enquiry, or completing your membership.
3.4 We will collect and use the following types of personal data about you:
- your name
- your address
- your email address
- your phone number
- date of birth
- any other category of personal data which we may notify you of from time to time.
How we define processing
4.1 ‘Processing’ means any operation which is performed on personal data such as:
- collection, recording, organisation, structuring or storage;
- adaption or alteration;
- retrieval, consultation or use;
- disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available;
- alignment or combination; and
- Restriction, destruction or erasure.
4.2 This includes processing personal data which forms part of a filing system and any automated processing.
How will we process your personal data?
5.1 MRB Roofing will process your personal data (including special categories of personal data) in accordance with our obligations under the 2018 Act.
5.2 We will use your personal data for:
- performing the contract between us (supplying goods to you);
- complying with any legal obligation; or
- if it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or for the legitimate interests of someone else). However, we can only do this if your interests and rights do not override ours (or theirs). You have the right to challenge our legitimate interests and request that we stop this processing. See details of your rights in section 11 below.
5.3 We can process your personal data for these purposes without your knowledge or consent. We will not use your personal data for an unrelated purpose without telling you about it and the legal basis that we intend to rely on for processing it.
5.4 If you choose not to provide us with certain personal data you should be aware that we may not be able to complete you membership or reply to your online enquiry.
Examples of when we might process your personal data
6.1 We have to process your personal data in various situations.
- to complete your club membership
- to update your club insurance
- to reply to an online enquiry
- to monitor and protect the health and safety of you, and other customers;
- to answer questions from insurers in respect of any insurance policies which relate to you;
- the prevention and detection of fraud or other criminal offences;
- for any other reason which we may notify you of from time to time.
6.2 We do not take automated decisions about you using your personal data or use profiling in relation to you.
Sharing your personal data
7.1 Personal data will not be shared to any third party
How we deal with data breaches
8.1 If you are aware of a data breach you must contact MRB Roofing Administration immediately and keep any evidence you have in relation to the breach.
Subject access requests
9.1 Data subjects can make a ‘ subject access request ’ (‘SAR’) to find out the information we hold about them. This request must be made in writing and sent to MRB Roofing to process and coordinate a response.
9.2 We must respond within one month unless the request is complex or numerous in which case the period in which we must respond can be extended by a further two months.
9.3 There is no fee for making a SAR. However, if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive we may charge a reasonable administrative fee or refuse to respond to your request.
Your data subject rights
10.1 You have the right to information about what personal data we process, how and on what basis as set out in this policy.
10.2 You have the right to access your own personal data by way of a subject access request (see above).
10.3 You can correct any inaccuracies in your personal data.
10.4 You have the right to request that we erase your personal data where we were not entitled under the law to process it or it is no longer necessary to process it for the purpose it was collected.
10.5 While you are requesting that your personal data is corrected or erased or are contesting the lawfulness of our processing, you can apply for its use to be restricted while the application is made.
10.6 You have the right to object to data processing where we are relying on a legitimate interest to do so and you think that your rights and interests outweigh our own and you wish us to stop.
10.7 You have the right to be notified of a data security breach concerning your personal data.
10.8 You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner. You can do this be contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office directly. Full contact details including a helpline number can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website (www.ico.org.uk). This website has further information on your rights and our obligations.